The current, exponential growth in demand for renewable, zero carbon technologies and sustainable natural resources presents the biggest economic opportunity since the Industrial Revolution. Securing this opportunity will create a more resilient, greener and wealthier New Zealand for generations to come.
Pure Advantage functions as both a generator and communicator of knowledge, undertaking and supporting a variety of green growth-focused research activities and outputs. Through this work we seek to disseminate cutting-edge theory and practice that will transform how New Zealanders understand and manage the relationship between the environment and the economy.
We advocate for economic models that generate both profitability and positive social and environmental outcomes. In promoting these models we seek to uphold the ethical imperatives of impact investment while also dispelling any lingering misconceptions around wealth creation and environmental protection being contradictory goals.
Pure Advantage believes that through the adoption of transformative economic strategies based on green growth, the people and businesses of New Zealand will realize a healthier, wealthier future that is more sustainable in every sense.
To champion environmentally focused economic models and business practices as the best way for New Zealand to become and remain a world leading, climate positive, economically thriving and socially just society.
We play a key facilitation role within New Zealand, providing a platform for advancing consideration and uptake of the principles and practices of sustainable development.
Our work programme encompasses a range of pressing issues, including:
- Educating and encouraging New Zealand businesses to adopt and pursue practices that are environmentally sustainable and efficient;
- Promoting awareness of the importance of improving the quality of our water, soil and air in order to maintain New Zealand’s clean, green image;
- Maximising opportunities for New Zealand to enhance energy and resource efficiency, particularly by low carbon means;
- Promoting the use of clean technology;
- Improving the protection of environmental ecosystems, optimising ecological sustainability and promoting environmental integrity.