Dr Christine Jones

AuthorDr Christine Jones

To the pressing worldwide challenge of helping farmers transition from high input systems while optimising farm productivity and remaining sustainable both environmentally and economically, Australian soil ecologist Dr Christine Jones offers an accessible, inspiring perspective. Christine has gained international recognition as a speaker, presenting on ‘The Fundamentals of Soil’ at workshops, field days, seminars and conferences throughout Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Western Europe, Central America, USA and Canada. For further information visit www.amazingcarbon.com

Farming Profitably Within Environmental Limits

Globally, over $100 billion of inorganic nitrogen fertilisers are applied to crops and pastures every year. Between 10 and 40% of the applied N is taken up by plants. Much of the remaining 60% to 90% is returned to the atmosphere as ammonia or nitrous oxide – or leached to aquatic ecosystems as nitrate. The use of inorganic N in agriculture is recognised as a highly inefficient – and...

Subscribe to our newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates on Pure Advantage and New Zealand's Green Growth. 

Thanks, you have been subscribed.